Welcome to my blog! I don't know how your phones and devices work, but the videos and the links work better when I scroll to the bottom of this page and click on View Web Version. If you don't, you're going to miss out on all sorts of cool stuff that is included in the right sidebar... and it's prettier.

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Busy Week ~ Publishing, Revamping, aka I Love Amazon!

It's been a ridiculously hectic week, and I'm kind of sorta' proud of myself for coming through in the middle of a raging achy cold, what my grandmother would call "a case of the cruds".

I've been sick since last Friday, went to work on Monday, came home and started editing a manuscript at 5pm, for my very first book that was published in 2010 by Labyrinth House, Tarot: A Witch's Journey.  I contacted my editor for this book who was excited and gracious, and immediately acknowledged the return of my copyright.  (Yay!  First hurdle accomplished!).  The next thing to do was to bring this manuscript up and start the tedious, very non-fun part of writing called editing. Ugh.  But I was driven with determination and a lot of excitement experienced through a haze of some really awesome cold medicine. (Did I say that?)

Many hours later, it was 2am to be exact, I clicked the final magnificent Amazon KDP button that says in bold and very dramatic letters, "Click to Publish". It was kind of amazing, and I felt kind of like I was clicking something life-changing, like an executioner who pulls the switch. (That might be two really different things, but I imagine a huge adrenaline rush with either one.)  Omg, that done, I flopped into bed with a terrific headache and the knowledge that the gods at Amazon would do the rest.

I'm so proud to show you the cover of the book that I gave birth to (again), without any anesthetic, mind you.  And just as all new mothers say, "It was well worth any pain or discomfort."  And would I do it again?  "Hell, yes!", all new mothers say, cradling their precious in their arms, glowing with their accomplishment, a little giddy from all the hormones.



No comments:

Post a Comment