I pulled several sets of "triplicates" this morning that came up with a variety of perspectives on a number of situations and individuals. What you see in the title of this video was just the most compelling. Join me for this Arizona "Desert Reading" to see what may apply to you.
PATRON'S PAGE ~ New feature!
When you make a purchase, be sure to include a working email address. The link to these private unlisted videos will be emailed to you.
Friday, April 30, 2021
Thursday, April 29, 2021
This "Your Questions" video is for an individual who emailed me with concerns about how they would feel emotionally if they got plastic surgery, and how it might affect them financially.
Wednesday, April 28, 2021
1. A Poppet to Stop a Gossip
2. To Seal the Mouth Spell
3. Cat's Got Your Tongue Spell
4. Keep My Secret
5. Liar Come to Light Spell
- Black cloth
- Cotton balls
- Needle & thread (black)
- Herbs: patchouli, cloves, pepper, wormwood, and any other ‘binding’ herbs of your choice
- A black onyx stone
- A safety pin
- Straight pins
- Pen and paper
- A red flannel bag large enough to hold the poppet and black ribbon to tie it shut
- Cemetery dirt (optional, but highly suggested)
You’re going to make a black poppet, a dolly representing the individual who is spreading malicious gossip and lies about you. And if you think you can’t sew, think again. If you can thread a needle and sew a stitch, you can make a poppet.
- Double your material and cut out a rough rudimentary human shape. This will give you the front and back of your poppet. You can draw this figure on a sheet of paper first, cutting this out and using it as a guide, if you wish.
- Sew the two pieces of cloth together, but don’t sew it entirely closed until you have added the herbs, the stone, cemetery dirt, a photograph of your target, a name paper, or other personal effects from this individual. Fill the dolly with cotton balls to flesh it out, then you can either leave a safety pin in the side, so you can reopen it to add something once in a while, or you can finish sewing it shut.
- Ideally, you will have a photo of this person that you can print off and cut out to fit the face of the poppet. Glue or pin it on the dolly and then stick straight pins through the mouth, slowly, with intention, talking to the image if you wish, telling them just what you think of their falsehoods and innuendos.
- You can create a blindfold for the eyes by cutting out a small strip of material and tying it around the dollies head, so they’ll be blinded in their ambition to destroy your reputation and good name.
As a devious, devilish finale, you can plant this dolly head first in a flowerpot full of cemetery dirt, leaving the legs sticking straight in the air; perhaps growing a nice lush binding herb around it, such as wormwood.
I’ll bet this spell will make most people think twice about spreading gossip and tarnishing someone’s good reputation. This spell contains the cringe factor. I can almost hear Karma sigh with finality and the gray witch giggle in delight.
This spell works very much on the premise of the previous spell, only we’re not going to use a poppet, we’re going to use an enlarged photo of our target.
For this spell, cast the circle widdershins (counterclockwise) for dark magic, being sure to call the quarters to stand guard.
- A photo of your target, enlarged so that it will be easy to work with, 8X10” works best
- Sewing needle and black thread
- Goofer Dust
- Black candle
- Banishing Oil or Commanding Oil, depending upon your intentions
Hidden away in a darkened room, by the flickering light of candles, including the black spell candle, oiled and dressed with Goofer Dust and cloves, burning with intention and magic; you will take up the photo of the target and, dipping your fingertip in oil, anoint the picture with the banishing pentagrams of earth, air, fire, and water.
Across this photograph, in the witches’ alphabet, write:
Take up the needle and thread, and very carefully sew the target’s mouth shut, chanting the spell as you sew, ranting and throwing curses towards this person. Watch the eyes of the target in the photograph, you may see a dawning change come over them– a sense of panic or ‘knowing’ that comes through the image. It’s as though the individual has a sudden realization of what is happening to them.
You can do a couple of things with the photo:
- You can set the photo on your altar near the cauldron while the candle burns itself out, talking to the image, chanting to it, watching the glow of the flames play across the face. Then bury the remnants of the candle left in the cauldron, and keep the photograph where you can pull it out from time to time for use in other spells towards this target, or when you just want to ‘bother’ it a bit, giving the target no rest.
- The alternative is that you can chant the spell until the energy builds, and then set this photograph alight by the flame of the black candle, allowing it all to burn itself out. Bury everything in the cauldron, candle remnants as well as the ashes from the photo, off your property.
You might as well have the target’s tongue hanging from a hook– they will no longer be able to speak ill of you, to spread lies and gossip about you, or to harass you with their speech in any way.
You have to find out if someone is telling you the truth, or if they are lying to you. This spell will do just that.
- A candle, the color of which will suit your situation– green for money/business issues, red for relationships, or white to cover anything else
- Herbs of your choice, to suit your situation– mint for money or business, rose petals for relationships, and sage to cover anything else
- Several strands of different colored thread and string
- The hair from a cat, just a snippet will do
- A small red flannel bag to hold it all, and make sure this bag is small enough to fit in your pockets
- Prepare your space, dress the candle and light it– and some incense as well. I can’t do anything without a bit of incense going, it clears the way.
As the candle flickers and burns, take the thread and strings, dropping them in a delightful colored heap before you, tossing them gleefully, as you would toss a salad, deliberately tangling them, chanting the entire time:
When the energy is raised and released, the candle burned down, and your chanting has stopped; place the candle wax, the tangled string, and the cat’s hair in a small red flannel bag.
Carry this bag on your person, in your pocket, as you go to finish what you’ve started. Confront the target then, asking them the question for which you seek an honest answer. If this individual is telling you the truth, their words will be clear and strong; if they are lying to you they will stutter, sputter, slur their words and fall over their own tongue…because the cat will have it.
Did you go and tell someone your deepest darkest secret, and now you’re afraid they are going to spill the beans? Have no fear, you can make them keep it.
- An enlarged photo of your target
- Parchment paper and pen
- Scissors and glue
- Candles, incense, and oils of your choosing
First, create your sacred space, setting the mood. How inspiring to work by the flickering flames of magical candles, with the essence of your favorite incense spicing the air.
On the parchment paper, write out the secret that must be kept. If this can be set to paper in just a few short words, write small and cut it out. You’re going to take this piece of paper and glue it onto the photo, over the mouth of your target. If your secret requires a lot of writing, perhaps even the whole page, you will glue the entire page over the photograph of your target, virtually smothering them with the secret and freezing the knowledge in place– it will go no further.
Allow the glue to dry, then place this photo in a safe place where it will remain undisturbed for as long as the secret must be kept. If the day comes when silence is no longer necessary, take the photo from its hiding place, burn it in the flame of a white candle, and scatter the ashes to the wind, effectively releasing the target from their bond of silence.
Are you involved in a social situation, or perhaps a business transaction, with a group of people, and you think that someone may be lying to you? You’re not sure, you don’t have proof– just a feeling, and you have to know. If this is the situation you find yourself in, this is your spell.
- A white votive candle
- Eight straight pins
- A sheet of paper and pen
- Draw a dividing line on the paper, right through the center. On one side of this paper, write ‘yes’; on the other side of the paper, write ‘no’.
- Take the candle, and about one inch from the top, begin inserting the straight pins. Continue placing these pins around the candle an equal distance from each other and at the same level.
- Place this candle in the center of the paper, so that it’s situated on the line you drew. Half of the candle will be over the positive side of the paper (yes), and the other half of this candle will be over the negative side of this paper (no).
- Light the candle and prepare to settle in to watch the flame.
- As you do this, you may become very relaxed, even entering an alpha state; and you could be surprised at the psychic revelations revealed. However, don’t become so relaxed or distracted that you forget to watch the candle.
Friday, April 23, 2021
If you suspect that you are the victim of a binding, don’t panic. There are ways around someone else’s magic– sometimes. You are going to gather the necessary ingredients, gird your loins for a seven day ordeal, and free yourself from the ties that bind.
- Command & Compel Oil
- Seven small squares of paper & a pen
- A white pillar candle
- Herbs: sage, rosemary, hyssop
- Sandalwood incense
You are going to anoint the white pillar candle with the commanding oil, and place it in the center of your altar. This altar will be laden with dried or fresh bunches of herbs rich with cleansing energy– sage, rosemary, and hyssop. Every evening, while casting this spell, you might want to set to burn a dried pinch of these herbs in a small cauldron on a charcoal disk; and along with this, you will light sandalwood incense.
Every evening, for seven evenings, you will take a square of paper and write upon it the following words, anoint it with the Commanding Oil, and burn it in the flame of the white pillar candle. Every evening, for seven evenings, you will then gather these ashes and place them in a small bowl.
On the seventh evening, after you have burned the last piece of paper, you will gather together all of the remnants from this spell– the ashes from the spell paper, the ashes from the herbs you’ve been burning, the ash from your incense, whatever’s left of the pillar candle, and anything else on your altar that would be considered the remains of this spell…and you will dispose of these items as quickly as possible, as far away from your property as is reasonable.
When you return home from this venture, take a cleansing bath and sleep peacefully upon this night, in the knowledge that you are free.
(2) Reverse the Curse
One of the most common and well-known ways to break your own spell is to re-gather all the ingredients that you used when you first cast it– and do the entire thing in reverse.
For some spells, this may work; and for other spells, it will not.
Did you do something that you regret, perhaps perform a spit of black magic in a fit of anger? Although there is no guarantee of reversing your spell, if you feel bad or desperate enough– give it a shot. Then hold your breath with the universe and see what happens.
This is a reminder: think twice before casting negative magic, or any magic at all; don’t act rashly in anger– this never works, even on a mundane level; consider the consequences and realize that once the energy has been turned loose, the deed is done.
To anyone who needs this spell, I wish you success in your endeavor.
(3) Breaking Another Witch’s Spell
This spell is going to incorporate the use of knot magic. After preparing the ribbon for this spell and tying the necessary knots, you’re going to "cut to the heart of the matter".
- A black ribbon, approximately 2 feet long
- A scissors -- your bolline knife would be better
- White candles
- Incense: patchouli
- Herbs: anise, bay, bloodroot, fennel, garic, mugwort, hyssop
Cast your circle widdershins for this spell. We’re going to be working magic in reverse, and we’re going to be tampering with another witch’s magic– she may or may not feel this interference with her energy.
Bolster the perimeter of your sacred space with white candles and a protective incense, patchouli, or something else that‘s ‘earthy’. Call the quarters to stand guard, to protect you from any backlash of incoming negative energy. I would heap the altar with black candles and a plethora of protective herbs– either large dried or fresh bunches, or small bowls of ground herbs or their seeds– herbs such as anise, bay, bloodroot, fennel, garlic, mugwort, or hyssop. Put a small bunch of these herbs in a cauldron to burn.
When all is ready, seat yourself in the center of this circle, amidst the flickering candle flames and smoldering incense. Take up the black ribbon. Hold it in the smoke of the herbs, slowly, languidly, allowing your mind to wrap itself around the spell that you are going to break and the witch who cast it.
At one end of this ribbon, tie the first knot to represent the spell and the witch who cast it, saying:
Bury this ribbon in the earth, in some godforsaken place, burying the energy and power of this witch right along with the ribbon.
Tuesday, April 20, 2021
- 1. What kind of candle will I use for this service?
I use a variety of candles, usually a votive, which burns completely in just a few hours and leaves a nice amount of wax to add to a mojo bag; sometimes I use a glass enclosed candle if the situation calls for energy to build over several days; and occasionally I will use a taper or a pillar candle.
- 2. What happens when your candle is set and lit?
You'll receive a photo of your candle(s) on the day it's lit. This is verification for you that your spell candle has been dressed and fixed, and is now working for you. (Note ~ be sure to include an email address with your purchase so that I can email the photo to you.)
- 3. What happens after your candle has burned down?
Once your spell candle has burned down, I will gather remnants from the vigil ~ the candle wax, including the herbs, flowers, coins, or other items used and your petition paper, and I'll create a mojo bag for you with these ingredients. Your mojo bag will be mailed to you. You can then keep this powerful talisman in a safe secret place to keep the energy moving toward a positive outcome. (Note ~ be sure to include a physical address with your purchase.)
- 4. What is candle magick?
Candle magick is very simple spell work to aid in achieving a desired goal. Depending upon your request, your circumstances, and the desired outcome, the color of the candle will be very important, as well as the herbs and oils used. All candles for the candle vigils will be personally dressed by me for you and your particular situation. They will be blessed and charged for their special intention. Also, I'm offering the option of burning more than one candle for a petition. If you wish, you can purchase a Triple Candle Vigil, and I will burn each candle back to back, in succession, one after the other.
- 5. What will you need to give me?...Information
After you've purchased your candle spell, let me know in a brief note what you need, what is the desired results from this spell, and any other pertinent information, so that I can prepare a petition paper to place beneath your candle. It's very important for you to type CANDLE VIGIL in the subject line to insure a prompt response.
Included in your petition paper should be the following ~
- What is the situation related to?
- What do you want the final outcome to be?
- Include your birthdate or zodiac sun sign, as well as the birth dates and sun signs of any other individuals involved in your petition.
Note: Be sure to include your email address and your physical address, so I can email the photo of your candle at the beginning of the spell, and I can mail the mojo bag to you when your candle spell is complete.
Sunday, April 18, 2021
1. Call Me
2. Summoning Powder
3. Rosemary Summons
4. To Beckon
5. Summoning Spirits
You’re going to make a mojo bag for this spell. Create it during the waxing moon. The idea is to connect you and the person you wish to contact in a magical way with magical energy, thus manifesting your connection in the mundane world.
- A photograph of each of you, or better yet, a photograph of the two of you together.
- Two paperclips and/or glue
- A ribbon, the color of which will reflect your relationship with this person– red for a lusty passionate coupling, pink for friendship, white– which will cover any aspect, purple for soul sisters/brothers, green for business partners, etc.
- A cloth bag, the color of which could reflect your intentions, just like the ribbon– it should be noted that red flannel is the traditional color and cloth for hoodoo magic
If you’re using two photos, glue them together, face to face, attach the paperclips to the four sides, and tie the photos together with the ribbon, making three knots, verbally embellishing each of these knots with your intentions.
If you’re using one photo of the two of you, fold the photo in half so that you are face to face with this individual. Glue the photo together, paper clip the edges, and tie it up with the ribbon, making three knots– stating your intentions loud and clear to the universe as you go.
Drop this photo in your bag. Keep it in a safe place until you make contact, after which, this bag can either be kept to insure continued interaction with this person, or it can be burned and the ashes scattered to the wind– insuring open communication through the element of Air.
You’re going to create this powder and use it in a variety of ways to summon to you a particular person. You will sprinkle this powder on a piece of clothing you may have that belongs to the target; on correspondence that you’ve saved, or on a new piece of correspondence you’re mailing out; on the target’s property– their doorstep, the walk before their house, etc.– in secret, of course.
However, a safer method, and one which doesn’t have the potential of getting you into trouble, would be to put the target’s photo, signature, or name paper in a red flannel mojo bag and add summoning powder to it. You keep the bag, and you decide what to do with it and when. This also gives you absolute control over the spell, the target, and the outcome– I like this option best.
Crush and blend the following three ingredients, of equal amounts, in your mortar and pestle:
- Bay leaves
To this succulent mound of herbs add Drawing Powder (powdered sugar) in an amount equal to the batch of herbs you’ve just crushed.
- Use rosemary and a pinch of Drawing Powder to summon someone to you that you have feelings for, or whose help you need.
- You will gather a handful of dried rosemary, a photo/signature/or name paper of the one you need to summon, and a lovely little fire– either outdoors in a nice fire pit, or a smaller adaptation in your cauldron.
- When you get your fire burning properly, drop into it the photo/signature/or name paper; next, the rosemary, sprinkling it carefully so you don’t smother your flames. And finally, just a pinch of Drawing Powder.
- As the flames consume the ingredients of your spell, chant:
This is a very gentle spell– yes, the gray witch embraces this type of magic, contrary to popular belief. The purpose of this spell is to give a subtle suggestion to someone you wish to have contact with. This is not an in-your-face summons, but a soft tap on the shoulder; and this spell does not force anyone to do anything they do not wish to do. If the person to whom you beckon likes the feel of the energy you send their way, they will respond.
This spell is all about energy, and that’s all you will use in the casting of it.
- Find a peaceful comfortable spot to plant yourself, either outdoors in the midst of nature, or in a space that you’ve structured for yourself to be conducive to meditation and concentrated thought– perhaps complete with soft background music (instrumentals only), candles, and incense.
- When you have centered and grounded yourself and cleared your mind of disruptive chatter, hone in on the person you will be sending this energy to. Close your eyes and visualize their face before you, as you do, chant softly either their name– over and over in a mesmerizing sing-song chant, or you can repeat these words:
You will continue chanting until you feel the energy build and roll, and when it has become overwhelming, send it off. Release it with a breath, with a hand gesture, with a sigh or a shout. If you’ve never done this type of spell casting before, you will come to recognize very quickly the feeling of building energy. Sometimes it has actually given me butterflies in my tummy, as though I were moving. And you will know when you’ve thrown it out into the world; it will often leave your space in a ‘whoosh’ that sends goose bumps rushing up your legs.
For this summoning spell, we’re going to use Black Cat Oil. Not only is this oil a powerful conduit for summoning spirits, it’s often used to break bad spells, and for protection. This oil will contain a pinch of hair from a black cat– the most important ingredient.
Contrary to popular myth, black cats do not bring bad luck. They are said to be a favorite form for shape-shifting spirits; and this is one reason it’s considered bad luck to harm a black cat– that purring beautiful ball of fur before you might in fact be a magical creature or spirit who is observing you just as keenly as you are observing it.
Black cats are thought to have special magical connections and have long been a favored creature for a witch’s familiar.
First, the Black Cat Oil.
- Herbs: sage, bay leaves, myrrh– substitutions for myrrh include anise, cloves, lemon balm, and cinnamon
- Steel wool
- Black cat hair
- Oil– for the base…Castor oil for protection, as well as to break curses/hexes/spells; almond oil, to attract the opposite sex
Mix these ingredients together and warm them in your cauldron, just until you smell the herbs, knowing that the energy is released. Add this mixture to a jar, and leave it sit for a night beneath the moonlight.
To summon spirits:
Anoint a blue or purple candle with Black Cat Oil and burn this candle, calling in the spirits.
To summon a particular spirit, such as a loved one who’s passed, I create an altar for this spirit filled with photos, favorite personal items, a piece of clothing having belonged to them in life, etc. Samhain evening would be the most advantageous time to perform a ritual such as this, but you can call spirits to you at any time you desire them.
Thursday, April 15, 2021
We are all psychic, some of us are just more tuned into it than others, and some of us have discovered a variety of divination techniques and tools over the years that enhance our ability and help us express it. Below, you'll find a listing and explanation of the "clairs" -- which one are you, or do you possess more than one of these gifts? You'll also find a listing of various divination tools and techniques, as well as a listing of the Runes and their meanings, and numbers and they're meanings also.
Divination, whether viewed as an art or a gift, comes to people through a variety of mediums (cards, whether the tarot, oracle cards, or a regular deck of playing cards; crystal balls; scrying candle flames-- bones-- stones; runes; the unique magick of omens and portents, as well as through other mystical means).
How do you receive your information?
- Clairaudience - Intuitive
- Clairvoyance- Visionary
- Clairsentience - Prophetic (1)
- Clairsentience - Feeler (2)
Divination is defined by Webster's New World Dictionary as:
There are an enormous variety of techniques for attempting to foretell the future.
- Astrology: This is the concept that one's future is dependent upon the location of the sun, moon and planets at the precise time of a person's birth.
- I Ching: This is an ancient Chinese oracle book which can be used to foretell the future, answer questions, etc. The practitioner generates a number from 1 to 64 by selecting sticks, or casting dice or coins. The oracle book assigns different meanings to each of the numbers.
- Numerology: This is the practice of assigning a digit to each letter in a person's name, and deriving a series of numbers which have special significance to the person.
- Palm reading: A person's future is foretold by observing the creases in their palm and shape of their fingers.
- Runes: These are a group of from 16 to 31 (typically 26) letters of an ancient Northern European alphabet. The letters are inscribed on small rocks or pieces of paper or plastic. The runes are cast, and the future foretold from the runes that land inverted and not inverted, as well as from their location.
- Scrying: This is a technique of producing visions of the future by gazing into a crystal ball, black mirror, bowl of water, hot coals from a fire, candle flame, bones, etc.
- Tarot cards: This involves fortune telling through the use of a pack of 78 Tarot cards. The cards are shuffled; a few are dealt and laid in a specific formation (circle, cross, square, etc.). The cards are interpreted according to their intrinsic meaning, as modified by the significance of their location.
- Teacup reading: The future is predicted by the shapes formed by tea leaves after a cup of tea has been consumed.
- Other methods: Future events have been predicted through the use of dice, dominos, dream interpretation, pendulum movements, playing cards, various trance techniques, etc.
In numerology each single digit number has an individual meaning, nuance, and energy, and often other correspondences as well. We’re going to take a look first at the single digit numbers and their basic patterns of definition:
- 1... Planet: Sun
- 2... Planet: Moon
- 3... Planet: Jupiter
- 4... Planet: Uranus
- 5... Planet: Mercury
- 6... Planet: Venus
- 7... Planet: Neptune
- 8... Planet: Saturn
- 9... Planet: Mars
Finding Your Personal Number
Tarot: A Witch's Journey (2nd Edition)
- Fehu: (F: Domestic cattle, wealth.) Possessions won or earned, earned income, luck. Abundance, financial strength in the present or near future. Sign of hope and plenty, success and happiness. Social success. Energy, foresight, fertility, creation/destruction (becoming).
- Uruz: (U: Auroch, a wild ox.) Physical strength and speed, untamed potential. A time of great energy and health. Freedom, energy, action, courage, strength, tenacity, understanding, wisdom. Sudden or unexpected changes (usually for the better). Sexual desire, masculine potency. The shaping of power and pattern, formulation of the self.
- Thurisaz: (TH: Thorn or a Giant.) Reactive force, directed force of destruction and defense, conflict. Instinctual will, vital eroticism, regenerative catalyst. A tendency toward change. Catharsis, purging, cleansing fire. Male sexuality, fertilization. (Thorr, the Thunder god, was of Giant stock.)
- Ansuz: (A: The As, ancestral god, i.e. Odin.) A revealing message or insight, communication. Signals, inspiration, enthusiasm, speech, true vision, power of words and naming. Blessings, the taking of advice. Good health, harmony, truth, wisdom.
- Raidho: (R: Wagon or chariot.) Travel, both in physical terms and those of lifestyle direction. A journey, vacation, relocation, evolution, change of place or setting. Seeing a larger perspective. Seeing the right move for you to make and deciding upon it. Personal rhythm, world rhythm, dance of life.
- Kenaz: (K: Beacon or torch.) Vision, revelation, knowledge, creativity, inspiration, technical ability. Vital fire of life, harnessed power, fire of transformation and regeneration. Power to create your own reality, the power of light. Open to new strength, energy, and power now. Passion, sexual love.
- Gebo: (G: Gift.) Gifts, both in the sense of sacrifice and of generosity, indicating balance. All matters in relation to exchanges, including contracts, personal relationships and partnerships.
- Wunjo: (W or V: Joy.) Joy, comfort, pleasure. Fellowship, harmony, prosperity. Ecstasy, glory, spiritual reward, but also the possibility of going "over the top". If restrained, the meaning is general success and recognition of worth.
- Hagalaz: (H: Hail.) Wrath of nature, destructive, uncontrolled forces, especially the weather, or within the unconscious. Tempering, testing, trial. Controlled crisis, leading to completion, inner harmony.
- Nauthiz: (N: Need.) Delays, restriction. Resistance leading to strength, innovation, need-fire (self-reliance). Distress, confusion, conflict, and the power of will to overcome them. Endurance, survival, determination. A time to exercise patience. Recognition of one's fate. Major self-initiated change. Face your fears.
- Isa: (I: Ice.) A challenge or frustration. Psychological blocks to thought or activity, including grievances. Standstill, or a time to turn inward and wait for what is to come, or to seek clarity. This rune reinforces runes around it.
- Jera: (J or Y: A year, a good harvest.) The results of earlier efforts are realized. A time of peace and happiness, fruitful season. It can break through stagnancy. Hopes and expectations of peace and prosperity. The promise of success earned. Life cycle, cyclical pattern of the universe. Everything changes, in its own time.
- Eihwaz: (EI: Yew tree.) Strength, reliability, dependability, trustworthiness. Enlightenment, endurance. Defense, protection. The driving force to acquire, providing motivation and a sense of purpose. Indicates that you have set your sights on a reasonable target and can achieve your goals. An honest man who can be relied upon.
- Perthro: (P: Lot cup, vagina.) Uncertain meaning, a secret matter, a mystery, hidden things and occult abilities. Initiation, knowledge of one's destiny, knowledge of future matters, determining the future or your path. Pertaining to things feminine, feminine mysteries including female fertility, and vagina. Good lot, fellowship and joy. Evolutionary change.
- Algiz: (Z or -R: Elk, protection.) Protection, a shield. The protective urge to shelter oneself or others. Defense, warding off of evil, shield, guardian. Connection with the gods, awakening, higher life. It can be used to channel energies appropriately. Follow your instincts. Keep hold of success or maintain a position won or earned.
- Sowilo: (S: The sun.) Success, goals achieved, honor. The life-force, health. A time when power will be available to you for positive changes in your life, victory, health, and success. Contact between the higher self and the unconscious. Wholeness, power, elemental force, sword of flame, cleansing fire.
- Tiwaz: (T: Tyr, the sky god.) Honor, justice, leadership and authority. Analysis, rationality. Knowing where one's true strengths lie. Willingness to self-sacrifice. Victory and success in any competition or in legal matters.
- Berkano: (B: Berchta, the birch-goddess.) Birth, general fertility, both mental and physical and personal growth, liberation. Regenerative power and light of spring, renewal, promise of new beginnings, new growth. Arousal of desire. A love affair or new birth. The prospering of an enterprise or venture.
- Ehwaz: (E: Horse, two horses.) Transportation. May represent a horse, car, plane, boat or other vehicle. Movement and change for the better. Gradual development and steady progress are indicated. Harmony, teamwork, trust, loyalty. An ideal marriage or partnership. Confirmation beyond doubt the meanings of the runes around it.
- Mannaz: (M: Man, mankind.) The Self; the individual or the human race. Your attitude toward others and their attitudes towards you. Friends and enemies, social order. Intelligence, forethought, create, skill, ability. Divine structure, intelligence, awareness. Expect to receive some sort of aid or cooperation now.
- Laguz: (L: Water, or a leek.) Flow, water, sea, a fertility source, the healing power of renewal. Life energy and organic growth. Imagination and psychic matters. Dreams, fantasies, mysteries, the unknown, the hidden, the deep, the underworld. Success in travel or acquisition, but with the possibility of loss.
- Ingwaz: (NG: Ing, the earth god.) Male fertility, gestation, internal growth. Common virtues, common sense, simple strengths, family love, caring, human warmth, the home. Rest stage, a time of relief, of no anxiety. A time when all loose strings are tied and you are free to move in a new direction. Listen to yourself.
- Dagaz: (D: Day or dawn.) Breakthrough, awakening, awareness. Daylight clarity as opposed to nighttime uncertainty. A time to plan or embark upon an enterprise. The power of change directed by your own will, transformation. Hope/happiness, the ideal. Security and certainty. Growth and release. Balance point, the place where opposites meet.
- Othala: (O: Ancestral property.) Inherited property or possessions, a house, a home. What is truly important to one. Group order, group prosperity. Land of birth, spiritual heritage, experience and fundamental values. Aid in spiritual and physical journeys. Source of safety, increase and abundance.
- Blank Rune: There is no historical support for a "Blank Rune" in runic divination. It was invented in the 1980's. It should not be used in a rune casting. If you bought a rune set with a blank piece, save it in case you lose another rune piece, but don't use it in rune casting.