Welcome to my blog! I don't know how your phones and devices work, but the videos and the links work better when I scroll to the bottom of this page and click on View Web Version. If you don't, you're going to miss out on all sorts of cool stuff that is included in the right sidebar... and it's prettier.

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Unleashing Magick n' Mayhem @ The Fremont Craft Show (photo blog!)

We turned this craft show into a Craft show.  It was a hoot.  Yes, I'm guilty-- I love to "poke the bear"; and I was fully aware that my "services" (tarot reading) and my wares (occult merchandise) would raise a few eyebrows at the yearly Christiansen Field Craft show here in Fremont, Nebraska .  We did manage to connect with some amazing people, honestly curious people, friendly people, people who stood and talked and talked and talked. 

Like the lady who stood leaning over my table to confide in a hushed whisper about her lifelong ability to see the dead and her haunting experiences with premonitions.  Her story was amazing, and the fact that only her sisters were aware of her experiences brought home how secretive this woman felt she had to be about her gifts, how (for so much of her life) she was afraid she was crazy, how haunted she was, and how much she needed validation.  The longer we talked, the more her story unfolded, and finally (I knew it!) we got down to the fact that her grandmother and her great-grandmother shared these abilities.  Lovely lady, we exchanged phone numbers and a promise to go for coffee sometime.

The little girl (15) who came to my table and was shyly curious.  She was a student getting ready to compete in a debate team and wanted to know if there was anything she could use to relieve her anxiety, or enhance her performance.  I gifted her a small bottle of the Queen's Oil (swords), with instructions for a yellow candle.  Her mother had a table near ours and this girl and one of mine made a connection.  For the rest of the day, they were inseparable.

I handed out business cards to people who wanted them, and sometimes to people who didn't.  I loved it!  I'm usually not an extroverted person, but in this scenario, it was like something took over.  I didn't even mind, and actually found amusing, some of the shocked or disapproving looks from some of the passers by.  And what was even more funny was to watch (and realize from looking at their face) people who were honestly curious about the items on my table but were with a group, and they didn't want the group they were with to see that they were interested.  This made me so glad that I'm an independent soul, and that I dance to the tune of my own drummer.  I love my drummer, and I love my dance!

(click on the photos to make them Bigger)
 
Voodoo Dollies, in the big basket, and pet poppets in the foreground, along with
magick wands, uncrossing oil, and candles, candles candles!!

Anne's beautiful jewelry (Creations by Isabella) to the left, and my books,
to the right, along with business cards and an invitation for a tarot reading.

The tarot deck I had with me that day (no, I don't remember the name of this one),
and nope, not a single person stopped for a reading.
 

Me and three of my girls.

Me and my hubby, Joe.  We have to talk to Joe about the concept of craft shows (lol)!
I made $10 on this day; Anne made $10; and Joe spent $35!  It was a hoot!!!


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment