Welcome to my blog! I don't know how your phones and devices work, but the videos and the links work better when I scroll to the bottom of this page and click on View Web Version. If you don't, you're going to miss out on all sorts of cool stuff that is included in the right sidebar... and it's prettier.

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Colors of Me

I am green...I am springtime, that light just birthed green of new buds, sprouts, and baby leaves, fragile and trembly, all new and expectant.

I am red...the velvet red that is rose petals; the rich red of blood and birth.

I am yellow...brilliant and warm, the golden yellow of the sun, the rich yellow of sunflowers, the muted yellow of a sunset, bright and hot with energy and unbridled enthusiasm.

I am black...a cool moonless night, shadowless and still, caught in deep sleep and silence.

I am purple...the regal deep purple of tulips and clematis, dignified and graceful, contained and in control.

I am blue...an endless summer sky with no beginning and no end, forever young, frozen in time.

I am brown...the solid rough trunk of a tree, or soil warmed by the sun, full of living things, seeded with infinite possibilities.

I am orange...a large ripe pumpkin, solid and pompous and in your face, self-confident and proud, the deep orange of mums and asters, quietly beautiful, patient and penetrating.
via Show Your MUCHness. I can't explain how  much I love this.

No comments:

Post a Comment