Welcome to my blog! I don't know how your phones and devices work, but the videos and the links work better when I scroll to the bottom of this page and click on View Web Version. If you don't, you're going to miss out on all sorts of cool stuff that is included in the right sidebar... and it's prettier.

Monday, September 5, 2022

Pink Orchid Publishing ~ This is me!

 

Pink Orchid Publishing... is me! 

I've been asked frequently about this company, which is listed on the copyright page of four of my books, along with Amazon. I've published four of my own books through Amazon and their KDP system so far, and I love it. I love being in control, I love editing the manuscript and deciding how I want it set up and how I want it to look, I love choosing the type of paper, styles, etc., and I love doing my own cover design. I went all out on my last book... full color, premium paper, heavily illustrated -- a lot of my own photographs, as well as public domain images. 

My other five books are published through traditional publishing companies, and I greatly (greatly!) appreciate the talented editors, artists, and publicists and all the work they have done. I'm proud of the connection I have with these amazing people and these companies, and I'm proud of the books that have come out of this joint effort. 

As far as Pink Orchid Publishing goes, at this time, I am only publishing my own work. If I were younger and had more energy, I probably would take on other authors and projects, but not right now. I whimsically asked my daughter, "I think I created a publishing company?" and she said, "I do believe you did."







No comments:

Post a Comment