Welcome to my blog! I don't know how your phones and devices work, but the videos and the links work better when I scroll to the bottom of this page and click on View Web Version. If you don't, you're going to miss out on all sorts of cool stuff that is included in the right sidebar... and it's prettier.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

10 Confessions of a Pagan Mom~ Confession #2

The year:  1986

I was making a "first meal" for my future husband, and I was nervous.  I was in my late 20s, and quite frankly cooking was not my forte.  I had decided on chicken, mashed potatoes & gravy, and stuffing. I think I also had a dessert, but I don't remember what it was.

Anyway, the chicken was in the oven, the potatoes were boiling, and I was going to make the stuffing with a boxed stuffing mix.  I opened the box and removed the package containing the bread crumbs, taking the bag in both hands on either side of the seam and pulling...it didn't pull apart.  So I pulled harder...it still didn't come apart.  So I pulled as hard as I could.  The bag popped open violently and bread crumbs flew out of the bag like a geyser, showering me, and landing on the floor all around my feet.

Panic...panic...panic.

What should I do?

I quickly swept the bread crumbs up off the floor, threw them in the pot of boiling water, mixing up a fine and dandy batch of stuffing.  It looked great.

I served this to my unsuspecting guest.

No comments:

Post a Comment