Wednesday, January 14, 2015

10 Confessions of a Pagan Mom~ Confession #2

The year:  1986

I was making a "first meal" for my future husband, and I was nervous.  I was in my late 20s, and quite frankly cooking was not my forte.  I had decided on chicken, mashed potatoes & gravy, and stuffing. I think I also had a dessert, but I don't remember what it was.

Anyway, the chicken was in the oven, the potatoes were boiling, and I was going to make the stuffing with a boxed stuffing mix.  I opened the box and removed the package containing the bread crumbs, taking the bag in both hands on either side of the seam and pulling...it didn't pull apart.  So I pulled harder...it still didn't come apart.  So I pulled as hard as I could.  The bag popped open violently and bread crumbs flew out of the bag like a geyser, showering me, and landing on the floor all around my feet.

Panic...panic...panic.

What should I do?

I quickly swept the bread crumbs up off the floor, threw them in the pot of boiling water, mixing up a fine and dandy batch of stuffing.  It looked great.

I served this to my unsuspecting guest.

No comments:

Post a Comment