Welcome to my blog! I don't know how your phones and devices work, but the videos and the links work better when I scroll to the bottom of this page and click on View Web Version. If you don't, you're going to miss out on all sorts of cool stuff that is included in the right sidebar... and it's prettier.

Thursday, June 11, 2015

I Can Handle Ordinary

One Page Application,
all filled out & ready to go!

 
Today I filled out an application for employment at our local "Dollar Tree".  This is a store where every piece of merchandise actually costs $1.00 or less, really.  I know, the first time I shopped in one of these stores, I couldn't believe it either.  We love it-- your purchase comes to $20?  This means that you have 20 items (or more) in your bag!  With our depressed community and ample population of individuals living under the poverty line, this store is invaluable.

Anyway, the deal is that this is the 3rd time in two years I've applied for work at this place.  When I took my app back this afternoon, I talked to an (assistant) manager, rather than hand my application over to a cashier at the front line.  The conversation was probably less than 5 minutes long.  The points I wanted to make were easy:

1.  This is the 3rd application I've filled out for this company.
2.  No, I cannot lift 50lbs.  (Yes, I made a note of that)
3.  My job history is unusual and out of the ordinary, but that does not mean that I can't handle ordinary.

We'll see what happens.

I could've added (but didn't) that we only have one vehicle, and if I get this job, I'm going to have to figure out how I'm going to get there.  We'll think of something, I have no doubt.

Image

No comments:

Post a Comment