Welcome to my blog! I don't know how your phones and devices work, but the videos and the links work better when I scroll to the bottom of this page and click on View Web Version. If you don't, you're going to miss out on all sorts of cool stuff that is included in the right sidebar... and it's prettier.

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

The Goddess Sophia ~ (book excerpt)


The following is an excerpt from one of my books,
The Spiritual Feminist, by Amythyst Raine

Purchase your copy @ Amazon


This book includes a look at 45 goddesses from around the world, their energy, their power, their culture of origin; as well as their points of expertise in the daily lives of the devoted who worship them.  You'll also find sections in this book on the stages of a woman's life; holidays and their connection to our own traditions; as well as a look at the Motherpeace Tarot Deck, and much much more... all geared to women and our incredible journey through life.




Sophia 

Her Story:
Sophia is one of the most powerful of goddesses, a goddess of the middle-east, entrenched in the legacy of the Gnostics, of Judeo/Christian culture. She is the ultimate Divine Feminine, the personification of divinity, the ultimate sacred feminine energy and entity of the universe. This goddess takes the patriarchal personification of "god" and stands it on its ear. Sophia is the voice of wisdom from the divine. She is the creatrix of all the universe. It’s believed that every human in existence carries a sparkle of her energy within them. 

______________________________


"Conversation with The Divine" 

Universe, I know you're listening. You can be really, really quiet sometimes, trying to trick me into life and stark reality; but I know you're there, and I know you're listening. And I know you can hear me.

Life is running its course...figuratively and literally.

How? How do I know this?

I know this by the living "Flow" of life, in a figurative way, a physical way, an undeniably human/mother nature way:

I know this by moving rushing water in streams, and rivers, and bubbling brooks. I know this by the blood rushing through my veins in a mortal journey between my heart and the rest of my body. I know this by the miraculous flow of blood from a mother's heart to her unborn child. I know this by the flow of sap from the roots to the limbs of a tree, all the way to the very top. I know this through the flow of moisture from a tree's roots up through the trunk to each and every single leaf. I know this through the white and nourishing flow of milk from every human mother's breast, and from the breast of every mother creature.

Life is flowing...it never stops. When it ceases in one spot, it resumes somewhere else; forever, and ever, in an endless immortal blaze of Nature. 

______________________________


Embracing the Goddess: 

When you need personal power, when you need divine guidance, when you need protection or healing, when you need relief from mental anguish, when you need to connect with the divine on a personal universal huge in-your-face way…invoke Sophia. 

Sophia’s Correspondences: 

Herbs: bittersweet, pine, sage, star anise, 

anise, slippery elm 

Animal: dove 

Color: yellow 

Planet: Mercury 

Day: Wednesday 

Element: Air 

Feminine Face: Mother 




No comments:

Post a Comment