Welcome to my blog! I don't know how your phones and devices work, but the videos and the links work better when I scroll to the bottom of this page and click on View Web Version. If you don't, you're going to miss out on all sorts of cool stuff that is included in the right sidebar... and it's prettier.

Monday, February 27, 2023

KINDLE on sale! $5.99 ~ Spiritual Awakening

 


KINDLE is on sale for $5.99 @ Amazon

[excerpt]  Introduction:

Everyone’s spiritual journey is unique unto them. My grandmother had me secretly baptized in the Catholic Church, against my parents’ wishes, when I was seven years old. I remember the pink frothy party dress, standing at the fountain and bending over so a robed man could pour water over my head and then sprinkle salt on my tongue.

This baptism would herald an on again off again connection with the Catholic Church at my grandmother’s whim, including a 7th and 8th grade stint in a Catholic Parochial school.

At thirteen, I wanted to be a Jew.

Every Friday evening, I secretly lit a brass candelabra of white birthday cake candles in my bedroom and recited words of my own design, in order to honor the Sabbat (is that the right word?)

At seventeen, consumed with romantic revenge, I cast a nasty magic spell in secret in my grandmother’s basement. It involved red candles, red ink, and a photograph of the boy. It involved some emotional words, spitting, and a dramatic moment when I drew a large red X over the midsection of the image.

It worked.

And with this spell I felt, for the first time, total satisfaction with a spiritual path, a spiritual experience, and all the fallout that followed.

It scared me silly at the time, but it also reinforced in me that I was cut from a different spiritual cloth than most people in my circles. I was certainly different, although it would take years of reading, learning, and practicing to realize just how different.

What did I learn from my experiences?

I learned that spiritually, there are a lot of options out there. I learned that it’s fun to explore. I learned that it doesn’t matter what other people believe, or how they choose to practice their spirituality, even if they think it’s the only way. I learned that you never stop learning, and the paths you can take are endless, amazing, surprising, unpredictable, and life altering.

Now it’s time for you to explore your spiritual path. This book will help you do that.

Keep an open mind, believe in the unbelievable and the unseen. Don’t be afraid to look where other people fear to go. Don’t be afraid to explore the deepest parts of yourself. Believe me, when you finally find your ground, the journey will have been well worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment