Welcome to my blog! I don't know how your phones and devices work, but the videos and the links work better when I scroll to the bottom of this page and click on View Web Version. If you don't, you're going to miss out on all sorts of cool stuff that is included in the right sidebar... and it's prettier.

Sunday, May 26, 2024

Tarot & My Choice to Believe

 

I very recently and surprisingly heard another tarot individual, an author & deck creator, say something that left me somewhat taken aback.  They were talking about YouTube tarot readers primarily, and she had heard a tarot reader claim:  "Tarot readings are timeless.  If you have somehow stumbled upon this reading, you were meant to find it, this message is for you."  But she said it in a short version, and in a not so nice tone.  Then she explosively says, "That's Bullshit!" ...How does she know that this is BS?  How does she not realize that the universe and Spirit may have many means to get a message to someone who needs it, whether this is through an older youtube video reading, or through an old written tarot reading on some random and obselete blog.

I was very disappointed, and her reaction made me very sad, as I love this author and deck creator and intend to buy her deck & book and explore all of its magical possibilities.

I had so enjoyed watching interviews feature this creator/author, and we were so together and on-point about so much of tarot and the way you look at it and perceive it and draw from it, until this last observation.  

I will respectfully agree to disagree.  Everyone has their own beliefs and experiences and theories and relationship with the tarot, and one person's ideas and experiences may not reflect everyone elses's, and that's okay.

I'm still excited about buying her tarot deck and book, and I'm also sure that I will find there a zillion shared experiences and theories, as well as jewels of wisdom and inspiration that I will be able to connect with, to recognize, and to appreciate.

It's all good.


No comments:

Post a Comment