Welcome to my blog! I don't know how your phones and devices work, but the videos and the links work better when I scroll to the bottom of this page and click on View Web Version. If you don't, you're going to miss out on all sorts of cool stuff that is included in the right sidebar... and it's prettier.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Memoire: Golden Child

(May 1997)

Laura Jo…she is our little “golden child”. She is almost unbearably sweet. Green eyes always twinkling, a ready smile, quick to laugh out loud. Her fuzzy blonde hair glistens in the sun.

I look out once this spring-- she is silhouetted under the apple tree in early morning sunshine, bent down, ready to pick a dandelion, her hair a golden halo.

I try to mentally ‘imprint’ the picture in my memory so I won’t forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment