Isis is the Egyptian goddess of healing and magic. She epitomizes the ideal of wife and mother, and is the patroness of women and children, marriage and marriage vows. Her energies affect or assist transformations, ancestral bonds, and manifestation of changes. Isis is perhaps one of the best known Egyptian deities and is infamous for her loyalty to her spouse, searching the four corners of Egypt in order to retrieve, reconstruct, and resurrect her murdered and mutilated husband, Osiris.
Sometimes we expect an awful lot from our spouses. Sometimes we expect them to live up to the fairy tale Knight-in-Shining-Armor. Sometimes we expect them to be all that we ever imagined. Sometimes we expect them to satisfy our every wish (without telling them what it is). Sometimes we expect them to be Bigger-Than-Life. Sometimes we expect them to be perfect. Sometimes we expect too much.
- Why do you love your spouse?
- What drew you to this person in the first place?
- What do you have in common?
- What are all the "opposites" about the two of you?
- If you could change one thing about your spouse, what would it be?
- If your spouse could change one thing about you, what would it be?
- Is there a "Deal Breaker" in this relationship; if so, what is it?
- Do you trust your spouse?
- Does your spouse trust you?
- Does jealousy rear its ugly head?
- Do you respect each other?
- Do you always tell each other the truth?
- In life's Worst-Case-Scenario, could you depend on your spouse?
- What would you regret not saying to them?
- What would you regret not doing with them?
- How would their absence impact your life?
Embracing the Goddess:
Call upon Isis when matters of family are on the line, when protection is needed, when loyalties come into play, when bonds need strengthening or protecting from destructive outside influences. Carry a talisman of this goddess on your wedding day to manifest and magnify the unbreakable bonds of love, marriage vows, and life-long commitment.
- Herbs: lotus flower, cypress tree
- Animal: eagle
- Color: pink, green, turquoise
- Planet: Venus
- Day: Friday
- Element: Water
- Feminine Face: Mother
- Symbol: tyet (Knot of Isis), eagles wings
This is an excerpt from one of my books,
The Spiritual Feminist
Purchase your copy @ Amazon
This book includes a look at 45 goddesses from around the world, their energy, their power, their culture of origin; as well as their points of expertise in the daily lives of the devoted who worship them. You'll also find sections in this book on the stages of a woman's life; holidays and their connection to our own traditions; as well as a look at the Motherpeace Tarot Deck, and much much more... all geared to women and our incredible journey through life.