Welcome to my blog! I don't know how your phones and devices work, but the videos and the links work better when I scroll to the bottom of this page and click on View Web Version. If you don't, you're going to miss out on all sorts of cool stuff that is included in the right sidebar... and it's prettier.

Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Time to Set the Record Straight

 

Most of the time most authors ignore negative reviews, most of the time.  But once in a while there comes a point where the record needs to be set straight and there needs to be some clarification, especially when there are reviews that are not a fair assessment of the book or where there is information that is misunderstood.  It seems like there's always something in life that needs to be cleared up, doesn't it?  Well, that's what I'm going to do today in this blog post.

The topic:

My book, "Tarot for Grownups"

 


Available At Amazon

Here we go...

  • Astonishingly, in this book, all, even the positive cards have some negative "twist".
Yes!  That is the whole idea of this book.  This book was written with the whole purpose of looking at the darker side of tarot, and I'm amazed that there were as many reviewers as there were that just didn't get this.  This is not that unusual a concept.  I have a book that looks at the "darker" side of astrological sun signs, which is absolutely scathing and toe curling -- and it's an absolute hoot to read!  And this is what I thought this tarot book would be appreciated for, as in taking a look at the tarot and the cards in a totally different perspective than the usual humdrum goody-two-shoes way of tip-toing around life and its weirdness.  Someone told me once that I should have titled it "The Dark Side of Tarot", so there you go.

  • I just wish that the author would have went into more detail as to HOW she arrived at the negative meanings. For example, what about the King of Cups makes him want to screw every woman he gets his hands on? What makes the Queen of Pentacles promiscuous early in life? What makes the Queen of Cups a naïve slut? I can appreciate the attempt at fresh irreverent meanings but some of her meanings just seemed like a far intuitive leap solely based on her own extremely unique experience.
How did I arrive at these negative meanings?  I did that with the unique gift I have of picking up energy from the cards -- both positive and negative energy.  It's called "intuitive reading", and I don't know how to explain it as well as I know how to do it.  I believe that it is a form of channeling.  I don't know myself where some of the scenarios and information I pick up come from, but I do know that they come from something outside of myself.  Does that make sense?

The King of Cups... he wants to screw every woman that he comes across because he is the epitome of the Hedonist.  This king has always wanted to indulge in his whims and desires.  It's not a secret, but people are so fixated on always looking at the positive side and avoiding the negative side that they brush over his bad habits.  He's naughty -- really, really naughty.  Hopefully age will bring some wisdom.

The Queen of Pentacles... she's promiscuous early in life because she's insecure and she's mistaking physical sexual contact for genuine affection.  She'll learn, most of the time.  And the majority of these queens will come into their own as they get older and wiser, but wow, when she's young -- ladies, hang onto your husbands.

The Queen of Cups... she's a naïve slut because she's looking for approval and she doesn't feel that she has the right to say no.  Most of these queens will snap out of it as soon as they learn how to build some self-esteem and discover that it's perfectly okay to tell an asshole to f*** off, 'scuse my French.

Based on my own unique experience?  I don't know if I would've survived all the pitfalls and potholes that represent the 16 court cards if I had experienced it all in real life.  I'm sorry to disappoint the author of this review, but I drew this information from the cards through my intuitive ability, not through personal experience.  (good grief)

  • it's all very well selling this book in as a no nonsense, cut-and-dried kind of book but I felt that the author had a very negative approach with no positive traits in her descriptions of people.
No positive traits in my descriptions of the court cards?  You obviously didn't read the book.  For shame, writing a review without looking at the complete piece of work.  On page 95, I write:

In the section of this book identifying the court cards, my intention was to concentrate on the dark side, because it's this side that we so often need more insight into and it's this side that causes all the problems; but for the purpose of choosing a significator, we also have to recognize the positive aspects of our own personality, and I'm going to give you a brief description here of the lighter side, the softer edge, to the court cards.

And then, of course, there follows a positive description of each of the 16 court cards.  How did this reviewer miss this? 

You can read through the reviews yourself at the following link, and you'll have to scroll down... oh, and you will also be able to purchase this book at This Amazon Page -- in print or kindle.






No comments:

Post a Comment