Welcome to my blog! I don't know how your phones and devices work, but the videos and the links work better when I scroll to the bottom of this page and click on View Web Version. If you don't, you're going to miss out on all sorts of cool stuff that is included in the right sidebar... and it's prettier.

Thursday, June 1, 2023

From The Witch's Desk ~ Paranormal Journal: Doppelganger, or Astral Travel?

 

(July 2015)

Yesterday morning my husband and I had a very unusual paranormal experience, and when we were in the midst of it, we weren’t even aware of it! We get up early at our house Monday-Thursday, because my partner works 1st shift, and he has a short commute to the next quaint Nebraska village-down-the-road. So this all occurred sometime between 3:15am and 3:45am; he left the house around 3:30ish.

He’s up first and heads out into the kitchen. Laura (our 19-year-old daughter) is sleeping on the couch, as is usual for her. She has her back to the living-room, her wild blonde hair in a pony that’s all flouncy on the pillow. I follow my partner out to the kitchen and glance at her too, with all that curly hair scattered all over her pillow, thinking we have to be quiet so we don’t wake her up.

My partner exits the front door, and I go back to the bedroom to get some flip-flops so that I can go out and crack the big garage door for our outdoor cats– a thunderstorm was coming, complete with fantastic lightening, and the wind was picking up. I tip-toe back up the stairs when I enter the house (it’s a split foyer), and I glance once more at Laura sleeping on the couch, then I quietly make my way down the hall so I won’t wake her up. I even watch the news in the bedroom with the volume real low so that she won’t be disturbed.

At 7am, my partner calls on break.

First thing he said was, “So, who did Laura lend her car to?”

I was totally stupefied. “What do you mean?”

He said, “Her car was gone when I left this morning.”

I said, “No, it couldn’t have been, she’s asleep on the couch, she wouldn’t lend her car to anyone.”

I had been so intent on the storm and the lightening when I made my fast jog to the garage and back, that I hadn’t even noticed whether her car was in the driveway or not.

I said, “Just a minute.”

Phone in hand, I walked down the hallway to the living-room. The couch was empty. I looked out the window and saw that her car was not in the driveway.

How could this be? We BOTH saw Laura sleeping on the living-room couch.

Now I was worried. This was so extraordinarily odd, and one of the first things I thought of was a doppelganger, which in the old definition means someone who’s passed making themselves briefly visible in a mundane setting.

I texted Laura. I called her phone. I left a message for her on Facebook giving a very short version of the above occurrence. Eventually, I got a text back from her... she agreed this was weird, because she’d been gone all night. She was never home!

Laura wasn’t home at all when we thought we saw her sleeping on the couch.

I’ve talked about this with Laura’s sister Anne, and we recall that this type of thing has occurred off and on throughout the years in this house, with the figure always resembling Laura:

Laura’s youngest sister Emma had seen her enter her bedroom during the night, but it couldn’t have been Laura, because when Emma called to me and I checked Laura, she was sound asleep in her bed.

My partner was upset one evening because he saw Laura down the hallway, moving from one doorway to the next, when she was suppose to be asleep, but when I checked her, she actually was asleep in her room, it hadn’t been Laura he was watching.

There have been several other incidences like this when one or more family members thought they saw Laura when it could not have been possible, and it was in fact not her.

The only other explanation I have, and I’ve talked with Laura about this, is that she has the ability to astral project, but she only does it sub-consciously in her sleep.

We’re all shaking our heads over this last incident though. It went way above and beyond the realm of weird.






No comments:

Post a Comment