Welcome to my blog! I don't know how your phones and devices work, but the videos and the links work better when I scroll to the bottom of this page and click on View Web Version. If you don't, you're going to miss out on all sorts of cool stuff that is included in the right sidebar... and it's prettier.

Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Embrace Your Inner Goddess... really

The following are excerpts from my book "The Divine Me", a 2023 release that is available at Amazon.

[excerpt]

From the chapter: The Goddess in Every Day
 
• Saturday: let’s cleanse

Burn candles of black; burn incense of mimosa, hemp, and comfrey; carry in your pockets or adorn your body with black onyx, Apache tears, and obsidian.

Let’s work on… making ourselves feel safe, in whatever capacity this entails; taking extra precautions to secure our home; laying a line of defense against unexpected negativity; drawing boundaries that may be difficult but necessary to our wellbeing.

Kali ~ Hindu

Kali is the banshee screeching warrior goddess, the goddess of death and doom. The black goddess of revenge and bloodlust. But you gotta’ love her. It’s her energy that will fight to protect the innocent; it’s her energy that’s needed for retribution and accountability for the bad guys.

As the myth goes, Kali was born when she emerged from the forehead of the Goddess Durga and is believed to be the manifestation of that goddess’s anger. No wonder Kali has an attitude.

The most notable story I found on Kali involved her husband, Lord Shiva. After Kali was called upon to save the world by going on a rampage against a demon army led by Raktabija, she had herself so wrapped in murderous energy that she couldn’t stop herself and began destroying any living thing within her reach.

To cease this frenzied murder spree, her husband Shiva laid down in her path, blocking her way. Apparently, he thought that this would stop her. Silly idea. She was blinded to rationality and restraint, and she wildly started stomping the sh… er, bejeebers out of her own husband.

Oops.

Upon suddenly realizing her terrible mistake, overcome with remorse, laced with a wee bit of embarrassment, it’s said that she stuck out her bloody tongue. In some versions, it’s stated that she pulled her tongue out, either way, it makes for quite a visual.

[excerpt]

From the chapter: Facing the Mirror ~ How Do You Connect with Yourself

• Be aware of changes in your energy

Yes, learn to do this. It could save your life.

I was at a stop light in Fremont, Nebraska, southbound on Broad St. I was driving, my now ex-husband was sitting in the passenger seat. All of the sudden, yep, there it was, that “change” in energy. It’s so hard to describe because it can be so subtle. My reaction to it was that I froze. The red light turned green, and still, I sat there, frozen. My ex was shouting at me now, “Move, go!! The light is green!”
 
Nope, my body wouldn’t budge.

Within seconds, a car went speeding through a red light in front of us, west bound on 23rd St., at 60 or 70 miles an hour. If I would’ve been making my left hand turn onto this street, it would have broadsided us.

After this vehicle whooshed through this intersection, yep, there it was again, that weird change in energy. I was no longer frozen. I was also miffed at the man in the passenger seat and his attitude, so I turned to him calmly as he sat there now in shocked silence, open-mouthed, and I said, “Okay, now it’s time to move.”





No comments:

Post a Comment