Welcome to my blog! I don't know how your phones and devices work, but the videos and the links work better when I scroll to the bottom of this page and click on View Web Version. If you don't, you're going to miss out on all sorts of cool stuff that is included in the right sidebar... and it's prettier.

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Elephants, Elephants, Elephants ~ My Journey to Ganesha

It started about 16 years ago, honestly, I can't believe it myself!  My fascination with elephants began as I was extricating myself from a 16 year marriage with a control freak, leaving an emotionally unhealthy situation.  I was so drawn to elephants in any form...artwork, statuary, jewelry...that my house is full of elephants, literally, almost every room carries the energy of this animal.  It was as if I'd never noticed elephants before; and I was puzzled as to my infatuation, because as a living animal, they were not a creature that I felt connected with.  It went somehow strangely beyond the living animal, but I didn't understand how or why.

The next phase, be patient!

My daughter bought me a beautiful statue of Ganesha...and no, I very blindly did not see the connection.  From my vantage point today, I find this amazing!

 
Several more years passed, and I was in my "tattooing" stage and loving every moment of it.  I decided to get a tattoo on my chest, just beneath my right collar bone, and I was inexplicably drawn to a beautiful image of the moon and the sun interlocking with each other.  I was told that this was actually an image of the Hindu god and goddess, Shiva and Shakti, and represented their sexual union...No, I did not realize at the time that Shiva and Shakti were the parents of Ganesha.  In fact, I was not aware of this until very recently!  Again, the synchronicity is amazing, and what makes it even more so is my naiveté and blindness to it all.
 
 
Flash forward to the very recent present time ~ I wound up working somewhere that I had not expected to work (Next Millennium, http://magicalomaha.com).  It was a fluke, something I had not thought about, an offer that was totally out of the blue, which played in amazingly when the job I had in Fremont folded.  I was literally "semi-unemployed" for one day and jumped right in from 4 days a month at Next Millennium, to 5 days a week at this amazing shop!  It is no less than "magickal", how this all worked out. (This event, this connection, is crucial to this story.)
 
Next synchronistic event ~ I like turning Youtube videos on while I'm getting ready for work in the morning, and on a very recent morning I tuned in to Joanna Devoe, to this video, and heard her talk about Ganesha...time stamp 3:17
 
 
Finally, as I was listening to this delightful lady talk about Ganesha, something in my brain went "click".  I was at least tuned in, if not yet totally connected.
 
Next synchronicity ~ at work.  I suddenly noticed that the ladies I was working with were making references to Ganesha.  It was like a door was slowly creaking open.  Simultaneously, his image popped up in orders at the shop, and even on my computer at home.  I would bring something up or turn around to take a sip of coffee, and when I turned back, there he was.  He also appeared in many other bizarre and unexpected ways throughout the day that were like quick flashes. 
 
And then, unexplainably, in one astounding lightening bolt "Aha!" moment...I connected!!  I connected all these years long synchronistic events.  It was almost a feeling of "Good grief!  All this time this is what was trying to communicate with me, and I kept putting it off!"
 
I am so excited!...And I thank the universe and all the hints and clues it was throwing my way all these years; and I thank the amazing ladies I work with, and the wonderful Ms. Devoe, for finally throwing this door wide open! 
 
The connection is complete...at last!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment