Welcome to my blog! I don't know how your phones and devices work, but the videos and the links work better when I scroll to the bottom of this page and click on View Web Version. If you don't, you're going to miss out on all sorts of cool stuff that is included in the right sidebar... and it's prettier.

Sunday, February 4, 2024

My Beefs ~ #1 Smudging

 

I smudge my house with sage.  I've been doing this for over 40 years, and I will continue to do so, though probably not for another 40 years.

Smudging:  burning sacred herbs such as sage to cleanse a space, object, or ourselves of negative energy.

American (or Canadian) Indigenous People are not the only people upon our beautiful planet who smudge.  And by the way, kudos to them for being among those of us who follow this practice.

Note... "smudging" is not a term that is protected by either copyright or trademark.  It is a word in the dictionary, and it is free to be used by the public.




More information:

Spiritual Appropriation ~
It's a Conundrum for the American Melting Pot


No comments:

Post a Comment