Welcome to my blog! I don't know how your phones and devices work, but the videos and the links work better when I scroll to the bottom of this page and click on View Web Version. If you don't, you're going to miss out on all sorts of cool stuff that is included in the right sidebar... and it's prettier.

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

I didn't want to be rude ~ but, really?

 

I have begun paring down some of my Facebook pages, and trimming up and redoing some of my websites and blogs, as my creativity is taking new twists and turns and bents, as everything eventually does with time.

I had a FB page to connect with my websites, two of them, and then there was an author's page, because why not, all the authors on FB seem to do that; and there were ten pages for my books, each book having its own special page, tra-la-la.  I deactivated all of these.  I believe that's 13 pages?

The Witch's Corner FB page was probably the most predominantly popular page, with 40,000 likes and followers.  Now, mind you, that it so deceptive.  For all the cotton pickin' posts that I made on this FB page, for years, there was virtuallly NO interaction, none at all.  I felt like I was talking to myself.  I really didn't think that anyone was paying any attention, or that maybe FB was not allowing this page to be seen.  

So, just to be courteous, and because it's what you usually do, before I deactivated this page I put up a little post stating that I would be doing this on a particular date. I had over 100 people respond to this post.  I know, out of 40,000 that's still not even a drop in the bucket, but when you compare it to ZERO, it's a miracle.  

One lady said something to the effect:  "I'm so sorry to see this go, this page has been such an inspiration to me for such a long time; I just love it, but you do what you think you have to do."

Really?

You mean it never occured to this woman over the course of this "long time" to interact at all?  Not to click the Like button, not to leave a comment, nothing... she was lurking, just my opinion.  Did she think I, as a creator, would keep this up forever with absolutley No Feedback, no idea if anyone was reading it, or if anyone liked it?  I had no idea if anyone could even see it!

I was disgusted.

And that's the end of my story/rant today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment