Welcome to my blog! I don't know how your phones and devices work, but the videos and the links work better when I scroll to the bottom of this page and click on View Web Version. If you don't, you're going to miss out on all sorts of cool stuff that is included in the right sidebar... and it's prettier.

Friday, May 14, 2021

Psychometry ~ the lady and the ring


Photo of the actual ring


Fifty-two years ago, my god-father visited my grandmother's house for morning coffee.  As she was busy at the kitchen counter, I sat beside him at the kitchen table.  He reached inside his pocket and brought out a ring, a small plain gold band.  He nonchalantly tossed it on the table, where it rolled to the center and then stood spinning in place for several seconds before tipping over.

He said, "Do you want this?" (speaking to my grandmother).

She turned to look over her shoulder and said, "No, there's no stone."

I said, hopefully, in an innocent 12-year-old way, "Can I have it?"

He said, "Yes."

He told us that he had "found this ring in an abandoned farm house near Ethan, South Dakota", and for the next 52 years this is what I believed.  I always wondered about the farm wife who had lost her ring.  I wondered about her life, how hard she had worked (the ring was bent here and there and slightly misshapen as though it had been worn and never taken off, even when the owner was doing manual labor).  I wondered if she was happy.  I wondered what happened to her.  I wondered so many things.  She remained an enigmatic mystery all these decades.

Until yesterday.

Yesterday I retrieved the ring from my jewelry box to wear it for a while, as I've done numerous times over the years.  This time, as I held the ring, it was different.  I thought silently to myself in a rash moment, "Who were you? I need to know. I demand to know now!"

In a split second flash, accompanied by a sickening physical sensation, I knew.

My god-father had lied.  This ring was not "found" in an abandoned farm house.  This ring belonged to his first wife, Ester.  Ester died in 1943, at 29 years of age, when she fell down a flight of stairs, in Ethan, South Dakota.  She left behind a 3-year-old son.

As is usually the case in small secluded communities, where nothing ever happens, such an unforeseen dramatically traumatic death was accompanied for years with gossip, speculation, and a myriad of stories and tales.

I had been aware that my god-father had lost a first wife who died, but until this psychic revelation hit me like a ton of bricks, I did not know any details, including her name.  I looked this up later.

The ring is Ester's wedding ring.

There are still questions in my mind:  Why did he want to get rid of the ring?  Why was his attitude about it so cavalier, if not down-right cold?  What really happened to Ester the day that she died, so many decades ago, in another century?






Psychometry

  • First, what exactly is psychometry?

According to Wikepedia:

Psychometry (from Greek: ψυχή, psukhē, "spirit, soul" and μέτρον, metron, "measure"),[1] also known as token-object reading,[2] or psychoscopy,[3] is a form of extrasensory perception characterized by the claimed ability to make relevant associations from an object of unknown history by making physical contact with that object.[4] Supporters assert that an object may have an energy field that transfers knowledge regarding that object's history.[4]

There is no scientific evidence that psychometry exists and the concept has been widely criticized.[4][5]

You can continue reading this article at THIS LINK

  • Second, a psychometry session.  

My experience with this ring quite out-does any of the following steps for a psychometry session, but I believe my experience was unique and involved close connections with both the people involved with this object and the object itself.  If you've never tried using psychometry to get impressions from an object, here's a good way to begin:

  • 1. Set up a space where you can think clearly. If you think it will help you, feel free to light a candle, play music, or close the shades.
  • 2. Relax. Many psychics who specialize in psychometry believe that when you relax, you enter a higher state of consciousness (almost like a trance). This will help you connect to the object you’re trying to read.
  • 3. Hold or touch the object. Close your eyes and pick up the object you want to scry. Alternatively, have someone else place it in your hand.
  • 4. Explore what you are sensing or feeling. Allow yourself to start picking up on the energy of the object. Your first thoughts and feelings are usually right. You may even find that you see full images and experience intense emotions.
  • 5. Say everything you think. Things that seem trivial or meaningless to you may be really significant to the person who owns the object you’re reading.
For more information and insights on psychometry, finish reading this article at THIS LINK

  • Third, if you want to learn more about psychometry, just like anything else you want to learn about... Read, Read, Read!  

THIS LINK will take you to Amazon where you will find this book, of which I own a copy, and where you will be able to explore the wonderful world and possibilities of your psychic self, including psychometry.




Intuition and spiritual growth are inherently linked, according to professional psychic and therapist Sherrie Dillard. This groundbreaking guide offers a personalized approach to spiritual development, introducing four different psychic types and revealing how to develop the unique talents of each. Designed for both beginning intuitives and advanced psychics, this book presents a simple, step-by-step plan:

  • Take the insightful quiz to learn whether you are a physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual intuitive
  • Discover more about each type's nature, personality, strengths, and potential challenges
  • Develop your psychic abilities with the meditations and exercises designed for your specific intuitive style

Throughout the book, Dillard shares remarkable stories from her professional practice to illustrate the incredible power of intuition and its connection to the spirit world, inner wisdom, and your higher self.



No comments:

Post a Comment