Welcome to my blog! I don't know how your phones and devices work, but the videos and the links work better when I scroll to the bottom of this page and click on View Web Version. If you don't, you're going to miss out on all sorts of cool stuff that is included in the right sidebar... and it's prettier.

Saturday, February 27, 2021

Stop Trying to Fit in ~ And Start Embracing Your True Self

 

Don’t change so people will like you;
be yourself and the right people will love you.




  • I’ve spent my life trying to fit in. I’ve always wanted to please people, to make my parents proud, and to receive approval from anyone and everyone—my family, friends, partners, bosses, and teachers.

So without even realizing it I would change myself, my desires, and sometimes even my opinions to fit into whatever mold was required at the time...

  • This leads to a life of sacrificing ourselves to please others, living their dreams at the expense of our own.

I found the more I listened to, abided by, and fuelled these stereotypes, the more I was defined by them...

  • To find true happiness we must be true to ourselves, live our own dreams, and be proud of what makes us unique instead of feeling the pressure to follow the crowd.

It’s easier said than done, I know...

  • When we are comfortable in our own skin, we are not fighting against or with anyone, as we’ve discovered our own true nature and are living in accordance with it. We are courageous enough to live our own truth.

Simply be, as you are...

  • The ancient meaning of the word courage is “tell the story of who you are with your whole heart.”

It is all about being true to yourself...



To read this article in its entirety,
click  HERE





SOURCE

tinybuddah.com



ABOUT


Jess Stuart

After a successful career in the corporate HR world Jess decided to follow her passion in Health and Wellness as a coach, speaker, and author. A qualified yoga instructor who has trained in Buddhist meditation and mindfulness, living and working in many countries Jess draws her life experience into her work to share the principles of health and happiness.



No comments:

Post a Comment