Welcome to my blog! I don't know how your phones and devices work, but the videos and the links work better when I scroll to the bottom of this page and click on View Web Version. If you don't, you're going to miss out on all sorts of cool stuff that is included in the right sidebar... and it's prettier.

Sunday, June 12, 2022

Herbs: Hyssop ~ The Little Handbook of Spiritual Awakening

 


The chapter that I found the most fun to write was Chapter 4:  Botanicals & Pagan Spiritualism.  I love the use of herbs and their energies in the pagan path, and I'm strongly connected to them with my own practice.  There is a nice segment on herbs, all formatted as the excerpt below, with a variety of uses for each herb as it pertains, some quite interesting and a bit unconventional.


click on the image to make it BIGGER

If you have ordered your copy of this book, they should start to arrive to their destinations the middle of this month.  I'm waiting, just like all of you, for my first clean copies, so far I have only the author's proof, which is printed with a wide gray "not for resale" band across the cover.

If you haven't ordered your copy yet,
please do so at Amazon with THIS LINK.  

And when you receive your book and have a chance to read it over, I would absolutely love it if you would leave a brief review or a few words on Amazon.  Reviews make all the difference in the success of a book, and they often help someone decide if a particular book is what they're looking for.

I know I can't wait for my copies to arrive, and I can't wait to get your feedback!  I know you'll love this book as much as I do.




click on the image to make it BIGGER

  • Hyssop

Energy: projective
Planet: Jupiter
Element: fire

Magical uses: purification, protection

Aside from sage, hyssop is the most popular herb for purification, used widely in protective recipes for oils and powders, as well as burned for its cleansing purifying smoke.

If you’re feeling a bit tarnished spiritually, and you’re not sure from where or whom this energy is coming, you can fix it. Add a little hyssop to your bath water for a cleansing soak. You can add some dried and ground hyssop to your favorite moisturizing lotion or body oils and apply it sparingly, touching your forehead and heart to clear the energy about you.


Spiritual Awakening @ Facebook

"This book is written to help you explore and experiment and discover a spirituality that you might not even be aware of. This book is here to help you embrace your inner pagan, to reconnect with your ancient roots and an earthy spirituality based in nature and magic and inspiration."


click on the image to make it BIGGER



No comments:

Post a Comment