Welcome to my blog! I don't know how your phones and devices work, but the videos and the links work better when I scroll to the bottom of this page and click on View Web Version. If you don't, you're going to miss out on all sorts of cool stuff that is included in the right sidebar... and it's prettier.

Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Questions I asked 12 years ago ~ and my answers today

 

[original blog post, June 2011, Magickal Connections]

An awful lot of women spend an awful lot of time fixating on men -- how they can catch one, why they lost one, will straying ones come back, how can they keep the one they’ve got, etc., ad infinitum. 

HELLOoooo! You will never reach your full potential if you expend every ounce of energy you have and hours of mental activity obsessing on this subject. Halt!– Stop!– put the brakes on.

I ask you:

  • If there were no men in the world, what would you be interested in?

Do you draw, paint, sketch, write, sculpt, or cook like a world class chef? Are you interested in horitculture– gardening, animals, sewing, designing– clothes, buildings (architecture), websites, interior design, or something else that I haven’t even thought of?

  • If you could do anything in the world you wanted to do, what would it be?

  • If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?

  • If you could live anywhere in the world, would you stay where you are, or would you move to another location?

  • If you could accomplish one major feat in your life…what would it be?





Twelve years later, these are the answers to my own questions:

  • If there were no men in the world what would you be interested in?

I would be interested in writing, traveling, gardening, movies, books, cats, tarot, website design, publishing, editing, magickal explorations, psychology, forensic psychology, parapsychology, criminal cold cases, Ouija boards, jewelry... and I'm sure many more things that are just not popping up in my overwhelmed brain at this precise moment.

  • If you could do anything in the world you wanted to do what would it be?

If money were no object, it would be travel.  I would own an RV or camper and I would travel to Nebraska in the summer time to immerse myself in my grown children's lives.  I would pay for trips for all of us to all of the places each one has on their bucket list.  I would eat out, always, every day, relishing the delicacies that I did not have to cook. 

  • If you could travel, anywhere in the world, where would you go?

CHECK... I would go to see the ocean.  

I did this in January 2019 when I made a trip to Los Angeles to experience the spot on this earth where I was born and took my first breath, and to see the Pacific Ocean and stand bare foot in its cold, cold water.

  • If you could live anywhere in the world, would you stay where you are, or would you move to another location?

CHECK... I would move to a warmer climate, where there is no winter, and I would escape the strangle hold of the very conventional American mid-west.

In April of 2019, I moved to Arizona, setting up house just 40 miles east of Phoenix.

  • If you could accomplish one major feat in your life…what would it be?
CHECK... I would become a best selling author whose books are sold all over the world.

I currently published my 10th book in 2023, and my books are sold around the world.  Just a couple years ago, much to my surprise, I received an email from my editor letting me know that one of my books had become a Best Seller.  I was more surprised than anyone when  a slender little volume that I had published in 2012 reached this significant accomplishment.  It was, and still is, a bit surreal.





No comments:

Post a Comment